The Rapid Exit Team is a low–intensity Housing First team and is part of the service delivery of Housing First in Edmonton.
As Housing Outreach Worker for the Rapid Exit Team, you are responsible for initially compiling information on potential participants, conducting intakes, assessing and assisting participants in identifying and securing housing. You will provide resources to aid in creating housing sustainability with the Rapid Exit Team’s participants through a collaborative exploration of a participant’s needs and barriers. This will include finding and securing appropriate housing for participants, assisting participants in the development of relationships with landlords, providing resources for housing start-up requirements, developing and maintaining a database of landlord contacts, and identifying appropriate resources to create sustainability.
- College Degree or Diploma and experience.
- Proven ability to effectively support homeless women afflicted with a multitude of barriers including addictions and mental health.
- Knowledge of Housing First.
- Experience conducting assessments and intakes.
- Experience in Case Management, including service planning, skills teaching, linking and referrals and monitoring.
- Extensive experience and knowledge of mental health issues, addiction, sexual exploitation and poverty, with the application of harm reduction principles and practices.
- Demonstrated respect for, and expertise working with women who are or have been homeless, living in poverty, with mental health, substance use, trauma, social isolation, immigration, unemployment/underemployment and/or with history with the criminal justice system
- Extensive knowledge of community based resources and supports.
- Knowledge of the Landlord and Tenant Advisory Board.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and prioritize work while remaining adaptable and flexible.
- Excellent written, interpersonal, and oral communication skills.
- Highly developed ability to work and function independently and cooperatively within a team setting.
- Strong computer literacy and experience working with databases.
- Creative problem solver and team player.
- RCMP Security Clearance, Child Intervention Check clearance, First Aid, and Suicide Intervention certificates (this can be acquired shortly after acceptance to E4C).
- Use of personal vehicle and necessary insurance.
For a full job description, please see our website: http://e4calberta.org/jobs-at-e4c/
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.