Design Volunteer/Unpaid Intern:
CDA is seeking a design intern to assist with the design of posters, flyers, brochures, online content and other promotional materials as needed. CDA is a strong, young and vibrant organization that works nation-wide to promote the dance sector. This is a wonderful opportunity to gain office experience, build your portfolio and work in a fun and creative environment.
Working alongside the Communications Officer, the successful candidate’s primary responsibilities will include:
- Design and layout of electronic and print materials for all programs and events (flyers, posters, banners, invitations, postcards, newsletters, ads etc.)
- Design of membership information, invitations, brochures
- Design of materials relating to the I love dance/ J’aime la danse National Awareness campaign and National Dance Week
- Carrying design projects from concept to completion while adhering to the brand standards
- Design and layout of PowerPoint presentations
- Maintaining and enhancing websites by adding and improving design and interactive features
- The ability to film and edit video content is an asset
- The capability to interpret business and marketing concepts and convert them into persuasive visual communications.
- Understanding and use of social media.
- Major or minor in Graphic Design or Graphic Communications, or equivalent experience
- Proficiency in InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop is required
- Must have access to the Adobe Create Suite and Microsoft Office. The right intern will preferably have a laptop with programs in which to work with.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong ability to problem solve
- Ability to coordinate multiple deadline-driven tasks
- French an asset in order to create flyers/printed materials in both English and French
- Creativity, Flexibility, Attention to Detail
Hours are flexible. This will be a wonderful opportunity to add to your portfolio and have a professional reference. Please send us a sample of your work or an online portfolio would be appreciated.
Start Date: September 23, 2013
Candidates are asked to submit their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before September 20, 2013. Please quote the position title when submitting application.
About Us: The Canadian Dance Assembly (CDA) is the voice of the professional dance sector in Canada. CDA cultivates a strong national voice for Canadian professional dance and supports the development of resources for this field of artistic expression. Through conferences, workshops, and networking events we connect the dance community from coast to coast.
|How to Apply:
Please mention you saw this posting on WorkInNonProfits.ca.
Candidates are asked to submit their resume and cover letter to on or before September 20, 2013. Please quote the position title when submitting application.
Canadian Dance Assembly
15 Case Goods lane, Studio 312
Toronto, ON, M5A 3C4