Outreach Workers are responsible for interacting with the public to promote healthy alternatives to tobacco products (including chewing tobacco) for the week leading up to and during the Canadian Finals Rodeo taking place in Edmonton, Alberta (November 06 - November 10, 2013).
Promote and educate on alternatives to all forms of tobacco products
- Provide information to link clients with tobacco reduction programs in the community
- Reinforce public health messages with regards to tobacco products
- Provide sample products and coupons in exchange for tobacco products
- Set up and tear down of information booth
- Half-day training session in advance of the event
Education and Experience:
Recent graduates and students currently enrolled in Healthcare oriented programs e.g. nursing, dentistry, medicine, respiratory therapist and/or Business oriented programs e.g. advertising, communications, marketing.
Job Skills and Demonstrated Abilities:
The incumbent should be outgoing, possess good oral and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work out doors and work in a team setting.
The incumbent must have the ability to conduct self in a professional, organized and honest manner, work well under pressure and deal with unexpected situations calmly and effectively, get along with all kinds of people, should have a neat, well-groomed appearance, and the ability to remain courteous, friendly, patient and tactful when dealing with the public.