Intentionally following Jesus Christ and partnering with the community, The Mustard Seed combats the root causes of poverty in Alberta and works to create positive, lasting change in the lives of those we serve. The Mustard Seed provides basic services, food, clothing and housing, support services (including employment, health and wellness, and corrections chaplaincy), and housing services, including tenant support and low income housing, to those in need.
Reporting to the Property Manager in conducting his/her mandated duties in support of the property management functions and tenant relations. The Property Administrator is accountable for responding to tenant-related issues and ensuring that they are resolved in a timely manner. The successful candidate will be organized, computer literate, and possess strong interpersonal skills
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for rent collection, application of rent to tenant ledger;
- Scheduling work order completion with contractors;
- Maintaining filing systems for contracts, insurance certificates, and business certifications;
- Processing of tenant paperwork in the Property Management System (tenant move-in and move-out, renewals etc.);
- Responding to general day-to-day enquiries and concerns from tenants, verbally or in writing, and redirect specific enquiries, problems or complaints as required;
- Ensuring ongoing accuracy of billing information, Housing Agreements and tenants information;
- Coding all invoices received for the Property Manager’s approval as per Central Office’s guidelines;
- Completing all administrative functions relating to property management as specified;
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- A passion to be part of ending homelessness in Alberta;
- Previous Property Administrator experience an asset;
- Intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Office is required;
- Proficient with Property Management Systems would be an asset;
- Knowledge of accounts receivables;
- Must hold a valid Class 5 Driver's License.
- This is a permanent full time position.
- Work days and hours Monday to Friday with the flexibility to accommodate evenings and weekends as required.
- Travel to Mustard Seed residential buildings as required. Company vehicles are available for this purpose
- .Employment Security Check is required.
- As The Mustard Seed is a Christian ministry, we require our employees to be in agreement and to sign our statement of faith.
- Must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
Start date: Immediate
Review of applications begins on October 1, 2013; however, the position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
The Mustard Seed offers a competitive compensation package including 100% employer paid extended health and dental benefits for staff and dependents, matching RRSP after one year of service, partial gym membership subsidy, and flex days.
|How to Apply:
Please mention you saw this posting on WorkInNonProfits.ca.
Please forward cover letter and resume to HR@theseed.ca indicating the position title in the subject line.
The Mustard Seed
102 11 Ave SE
Calgary, AB, T2G 0X5