Recreation Program Coordinator
Westend Seniors Activity Centre, is a hub in the community that has supported seniors in west Edmonton for over 35 years. As a leading edge non-profit senior centre in Edmonton, Westend Seniors, provides seniors age 55 years and up with an opportunity to lead an active and healthy lifestyle and participate in social, recreational, health, fitness and special interest programs and activities.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Program Coordinator will plan and coordinate programs, activities and events for seniors in this full time permanent position.
- Develop program plans, agency wide events and activities working closely with committees, instructors and coordinators
- Promote, monitor and evaluate programs
- Plan and implement new member orientation
- Introduce new programs, drop-in activities and workshops to meet seniors needs
- Prepare reports, develop program guides/booklets and other written material
- Post-secondary education in a related area
- Proven track record in program planning/recreation administration working with seniors
- Administrative, supervisory and/or volunteer management experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills and must be adaptable and flexible
- Well-developed writing skills and the ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Computer competency with MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Must pass a Criminal Record Check
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: WESAC offers a competitive salary and benefits.
Apply To: Forward resume and cover letter by November 14, 2013 to:
Westend Seniors Activity Centre
Note: Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted