Job Title: Communications Intern
What began in 1989 as a small community film festival has evolved into a professional queer arts organization. Out On Screen is a registered charity with two core programs: the annual Vancouver Queer Film Festival and Out in Schools. Our vision: celebrating queer lives through film, education and dialogue.
About the Position
The Communications Intern is a short-term opportunity to work closely with our Communications and Marketing Coordinator. This position balances social media, database management and creative vision.
- Assist with regular updates to our websites using CMS
- Develop and schedule content via our social media channels
- Design occasional collateral print materials
- Craft monthly e-newsletters
- Assist with fundraising and database support as needed
- Oversee graphic and layout design for fundraising and promotional materials
- Complete a final report
- Keep accurate and easily accessible records of all work to ensure organizational continuity
- Familiarity with Content Management Systems
- User proficient with Photoshop and InDesign
- Some familiarity with databases an asset, but not required
- You are fun and a team player
- Minimum 10 hours per week, preferable is 25-30 hours per week, from November 4 to December 22.
- Opportunity to extend into the new year, depending upon intern's availability.
Email cover letter and resume, in either PDF or Word format, to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 Friday, October 25, 2013. Please indicate “Communications Intern – [YOUR NAME]” in the subject line.
We strongly encourage applicants with lived experiences, from Aboriginal communities, people of all races, colours, ethnic origins, religions, abilities, sexual orientations and sexual identities to apply. We recognize that equitable access to employment is an agent in social change.
We thank all candidates for applying, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
|How to Apply:
Please mention you saw this posting on WorkInNonProfits.ca.
Email cover letter and resume, in either PDF or Word format, to by 5:00 Friday, October 25, 2013. Please indicate “Communications Intern – [YOUR NAME]” in the subject line.