DEVELOPMENT DATA ASSISTANT
- 3 Month Contract –
Competition 2013 - 36
Job Title : Development Data Assistant
Based at : Hope Mission Business Office
Reports to : Development Office Manager
Hours of work : 40 hours per week
Hope Mission has a vision that men, women, youth and children who come to our doors would come to know Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Saviour. This vision can be fulfilled only if all staff is diligent in serving, strengthening and uplifting people in the name of Jesus Christ.
JOB SUMMARY: to aid in the daily operations of the Development office by entering and maintaining all information of various Hope Mission donors and sources of funds onto the fundraising database.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with daily operations of Development office by following Hope Mission policies and procedures
- Process internet donations (data entry, acknowledging & receipting, credit card processing; speed and accuracy are critical; work towards 100 entries/hour without errors)
- Provide quality customer service to donors in accordance to Hope Mission Standards.
- Utilize mail merge to create and mail receipts to donors
- Verify recorded information to ensure accuracy and completeness of data.
- Maintain the necessary confidentiality of all records and/or conversations pertaining to donors and donations, and clients of Hope Mission.
- Assist in building and maintaining community and church connections.
- Maintain positive work relationships with co-workers of the Development office
- Help maintain department statistics for evaluation and research.
- Prepare Welcome Packages (letters, brochures) for New Donors
- Provide input as required in the development of promotional material.
- Miscellaneous duties and special events as assigned by the Development Office Manager and/or Director.
- Monitor and be knowledgeable about the planned giving program.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- High School Diploma
- Able to work with different computer programs used in the development department
- Good communication and people skills
- Data entry experience is an asset. Experience with Raiser’s Edge is an asset
- Experience in customer service environment
- Being a Christian Organization we require our employees to be in agreement and sign the Hope Mission Statement of Faith.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada on a full-time basis.
- Able to provide Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Search
- A letter of reference from a ministry or church is an asset
- Adherence Hope Mission’s Policies and Procedures.
START DATE: Immediately
SALARY: $2300 per month. 3-month contract position.