Intentionally following Jesus Christ and partnering with the community, The Mustard Seed combats the root causes of poverty in Alberta and works to create positive, lasting change in the lives of those we serve. The Mustard Seed provides basic services, food, clothing and housing, support services (including employment, health and wellness, and corrections chaplaincy), and housing services, including tenant support and low income housing, to those in need.
Reporting to the Facilities Supervisor, the Facility Maintenance Worker is a member of a team responsible for the daily maintenance requirements for the Mustard Seed’s buildings. You will have the opportunity to participate on a team that is committed to developing hope, providing care with respect, and nurturing the seeds of change in the lives of our guests and residents.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Daily cleaning and maintenance of the SEED’s facilities;
- Basic carpentry skills for minor renovations;
- Minor building repairs and maintenance e.g. Painting, drywall repairs, replacing light bulbs, plumbing;
- Working with volunteers, guests and residents;
- Furniture setup and moving;
- Snow removal and clearing parking lot;
- Lawn, mowing, and gardening;
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- A passion to be part of ending homelessness in Alberta;
- A minimum 1 year building maintenance and janitorial experience; waxing, mopping, floor polishing, buffing, cleaning and operating floor cleaning machines;
- Ability to work well with people;
- Organized and self-directed;
- Knowledge of WHIMIS and OH&S standards;
- Class 5 - Driver’s License Required;
- Ability to lift and move at least 50 pounds;
- Must adhere to Health and Safety regulations.
- This is a permanent, full-time position 40-hours/week 2 days off as per shelter daily operational requirements.
- Employment Security Check is required.
- As The Mustard Seed is a Christian ministry, we require our employees to be in agreement and to sign our statement of faith.
- Must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
Start date: Immediate
The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
|How to Apply:
Please mention you saw this posting on WorkInNonProfits.ca.
Please forward cover letter and resume to HR@theseed.ca indicating the position title in the subject line.
The Mustard Seed
102 11 Ave SE
Calgary, AB, T2G 0X5