India Rainbow Community Services of Peel (IRCS) is a charitable, non-profit, community based organization. Our services are non-religious and non-political. Our mission is to provide culturally and linguistically appropriate services to Peel immigrant community, enabling integration and supporting their settlement, social services, health, and educational needs.
Under the general guidance of the Director – Senior Services, the incumbent is responsible for daily leadership and management of staff and the activities of the Senior Services Program to ensure all processes are performed in a timely and efficient manner to provide a professional level of service. Responsibilities relate to site-supervision, coordination of activities of a multidisciplinary team, client programming, program planning, quality management and program standards, equipment/supplies/environment management, committee participation and internal communications.
Responsibilities and Duties: (but not limited to)
Responsible for ensuring the delivery of site-specific Adult Day, Senior’s Wellness and other Senior Services Programs which promote and/or maintain the client’s individualized social and recreational needs, abilities and interests.
- Assesses client’s needs in determining types of programs to be developed.
- Assesses the environment in relation to Program Standards and makes recommendations for change.
- Establishes goals for the program and sets priorities.
- Demonstrates a team approach in the planning, developing, implementing and evaluating of social and recreational programs.
- Ensures that individual programs are implemented in collaboration with the program staff, volunteers and student placements.
- Identifies ongoing staff education needs.
- Assesses for safe environment for clients to minimize risks to clients and staff.
- In conjunction with the Director, plans, organizes, directs, controls and evaluates the development and administration of policies and procedures designed to protect and promote the health and social welfare of clients.
- Coordinates the day to day planning, implementing and evaluating of programs.
- Maintains an open and active communication link to clients and families.
- Maintains and promotes a positive environment by respecting client’s rights and concerns and maintaining dignity and uniqueness.
- Is a role model in the provision of quality care by reinforcing mission, values, guiding principles, roles, objectives, policies and procedures to clients/families and staff.
- Conducts staff performance appraisals and is responsible for the adherence to all agency policies and procedures.
- Ensures the availability of competent and skilled staff necessary to provide and support quality care.
- Schedules staff and volunteers.
- Identifies staff performance issues and consults with the appropriate resource.
- Promotes quality improvement and risk management goals and initiatives with the program team.
- Provides leadership related to issues, trends, and programming for the Senior Services team.
- Participates in the accreditation process and provides leadership to the team.
- Ensures that staff/volunteers are knowledgeable regarding proper use, storage and handling of equipment and hazardous materials and remain current with regard to Long Term Care Standards Requirements.
- Develops indicators and measures outcomes to evaluate the effectiveness of the programming.
- Evaluates services and programs in relation to program standards.
- Evaluates the changing needs in programming and/or human resources and makes recommendations to the Director.
- Evaluates effectiveness of own communication with clients/family/visitors and team members.
- Integrates IRCS’s mission, values and guiding principles into daily programming.
- Follows legislated requirements and ethical guidelines.
- Maintains confidentiality of all data and information related to clients, families, facility and the organization.
- Demonstrates Leadership and promotes team to function in a professional manner, always encouraging client autonomy to preserve dignity and self-esteem and promote quality of life.
- Serves as a resource to staff and other health care professionals in the community.
- Collaborates with staff to identify, plan and facilitate implementation and evaluate orientation and employee development programs.
- Maintains knowledge of new developments in program areas, accessing training opportunities both within the organization and beyond.
- Participates in committee and project work.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships.
- Communicates with outside agencies to ensure continuity of services and adherence to all partnership agreements.
- In collaboration with Executive Director, Finance Manager and Director prepares annual program operating budgets.
- Demonstrates fiscal responsibility in managing the operating budget.
- Oversees, monitors and ensures program and maintenance expenditures are managed effectively and efficiently within approved budgets.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Master’s degree from an accredited university in Nursing, Human Services, Health Administration, Gerontology or a related health field, with five years of progressively responsible management/supervisory experience including administration, management and organization, program development, personnel management preferably in the non-profit, community services or health sector.
- Must have a genuine interest in health care especially of the frail elderly and disabled (geriatric population).
- Demonstrated leadership ability with comprehensive knowledge of nursing and health care practices and techniques as they relate to long term care and or adult day programs.
- Knowledge of all federal and provincial legislations applicable to the voluntary and health sector organizations.
- Strong organization, interpersonal, communication, and relationship building skills.
- Possess a high degree of initiative, credibility, and decisiveness and are able to remain results-oriented at all times.
- Skilled in identifying and recommending problem resolution.
- Proven ability to complete projects successfully within deadline.
- Commitment to continuing self-development and continuous quality improvement.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English with the ability to present information in a positive and diplomatic manner.
- Proficiency in one or more South Asian languages is an asset.
- Proficient in the use of computers for: Microsoft Office, E-mail & Internet.
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and to work from any one of IRCS’s sites.
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License and access to a car is required
- A Police Vulnerable Sector Check will be required
** Job Title, subject to review by the Board of Directors.