The British Columbia Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (BC SPCA)
We are looking to fill the following career opportunity:
Branch Manager - Surrey, BC
The BC SPCA is 118 years young and growing stronger every year. We are a non-profit charitable organization dedicated to protecting and enhancing the quality of life for domestic, farm and wild animals in British Columbia. Through our 41 locations throughout BC and a provincial office in Vancouver, the BC SPCA provides a wide range of services and programs to help nearly 29,000 animals in distress and need each year.
We are excited to be opening a new Education & Adoption Centre in Surrey and are recruiting for a dynamic and caring individual for the role of Branch Manager. A new direction for community animal care, adoption and education, the BC SPCA Education & Adoption Centre is a fast-paced environment perfect for an individual with passion for both animal welfare and community-building.
As Branch Manager you will play an integral role in instilling a culture of animal welfare and customer service of the highest standards. You will make a difference for both animals and members of the community by assisting with the development, delivery and management of the innovative education, adoption and retail services the Centre offers.
You have a successful track record of managing people and the ability to motivate and inspire a core group of volunteers. You’ve demonstrated an outstanding ability to create strong working relations with the community and your business partners. You’ll use those skills to maintain our Education & Adoption Centre, lead our local fundraising efforts and create great working relationships with staff, volunteers and your community liaisons as a whole.
In addition to your superior managing and budgeting skills, you have a genuine compassion for animals and believe in the highest standards of care and welfare for animals. That’s important for us to see in any applicant to be considered.
You will report directly to the Chief Operations Officer and have a strong working relationship with the BC SPCA’s Community Council in Surrey.
Knowledge & Qualifications / Skills required:
- Post-secondary education or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years in a managerial/supervisory role
- Proven visionary leader with the ability to inspire people to achieve great things
- Must have a genuine compassion for animals and sound knowledge of the Five Freedoms and related animal welfare standards
- Strong leadership skills and experience managing a team
- Demonstrated ability to organize work, meet priorities and to work within a demanding work schedules with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with internal and external stakeholders at all levels in a positive manner
- Strong writing, communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills
- Ability to regularly travel throughout the assigned region and Province as necessary. Must have a valid BC Class 5 Drivers License
- Previous experience working within an animal shelter, fundraising, volunteer management and media experience would be an asset
- Computer skills – Windows, MS Office incl. PowerPoint and Excel
Successful candidates will be legally entitled to work in Canada and be required to undergo a criminal record check as a condition of employment. Interested and qualified candidates are invited to send us a resume and cover letter in confidence, in Word or PDF format by email to: . We will wait until November 30, 2013 to hear from you.
TO ENSURE DELIVERY USE THE FOLLOWING SUBJECT LINE FOR YOUR EMAIL:
"SPCA Job Posting-BM Surrey’
No telephone calls please. We thank you for your interest in the BC SPCA, however; only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The BC SPCA is a Registered Charity BN 11881 9036 RR0001