E4C, one of Edmonton’s oldest and most respected social service agencies, is seeking a dedicated professional eager to join our team. This is an excellent opportunity for a gifted professional to make a significant difference to people, helping and supporting individuals and the community in undergoing positive change and increasing capacity.
School Lunch Attendant – Abbott
Nutrition and Community Services Division
The primary activity of E4C’s School Lunch Program is to provide a nutritious lunch every day to children in participating high-needs schools.
This position requires a highly motivated and committed individual. The primary focus in this role is working in a team setting in order to successfully deliver the program to children in the school.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure compliance with all E4C policies and practices, including appropriate statutes and regulations such as public health regulations.
- Other duties maybe assigned as required.
- Set up and maintain school lunch area.
- Receive food from caterer.
- Serve lunch to school children, adhering to safe handling and proper sanitation practices and regulations.
- Maintain accurate records and submit completed records to E4C’s School Lunch Program.
- Function and work in a team setting.
- Attend appropriate E4C’s School Lunch Program meetings and in-services.
- Other duties as required.
- Previous volunteer experience within a school or community an asset.
- Experience working with children.
- Able to be self-directed and work as a team member.
- Support goals of E4C’s School Lunch Program.
- Moderate lifting required.
- Complete a Police Information Record Check.
- Complete a Child Intervention Check
- Complete a Safe Food Handling Module
Employment is based on a school calendar year. Hours vary between 3.5 to 4.5 hours per day; five (5) days a week.
Position Start Date: January 13, 2014
Please submit your résumé to:
Fax: (780) 424-1201
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.