Vice President, Quebec Operations
Reporting to the President of CFEE, the Vice President, Quebec Operations is responsible for: providing on-going counsel and advice to the President re relevant matters in Quebec that could potential affect CFEE’s operations and success in the province; initiating, managing, and promoting the development of programs and projects related to the organization’s mandate within the province of Quebec; pursuing funding and revenue-generating opportunities; liaising with diverse stakeholders including educators, NGOs, private sector representatives, funders and governments within the Province of Quebec.
The Vice President, Quebec Operations is responsible for helping to establish a profile for CFEE and its programs and resources within the province of Quebec, as well as identifying and developing opportunities and partnerships to further CFEE’s mandate – including collaboration with key Quebec-based organizations that are involved in activities that promote and assist economic, financial, and entrepreneurship capability. Efforts will be made to support the activities of other organizations that complement those of CFEE, seek support for CFEE’s programs from other organizations, and engage other organizations as partners in CFEE’s activities where other organizations are able to enhance the prospects for reach and success..
The Vice President, Quebec Operations is accountable to the President and is responsible for the implementation of Organization policy, for the attainment of Organization goals and objectives, and for the effective administration and financial management of Organization programs and services within the Province of Quebec. These activities are undertaken with the support and assistance of the Toronto office and staff.
The Vice President, Quebec Operations will liaise regularly with CFEE’s Vice-President and COO as well as the President and CEO, and periodically with the Chair of CFEE’s Board and with other members of the Executive Committee as appropriate.
Responsibilities and Authority
Within the limits of the CFEE By-laws and the policies established or authorized by the Board of Directors, the Vice President, Quebec Operations is responsible for and has commensurate authority to accomplish the duties set forth below.
Policy Development and Strategic Planning
- Provide leadership on CFEE priority setting, policy planning and organizational development within the Province of Quebec.
- Advise and make recommendations to the President, Executive Committee and Board of Directors with respect to CFEE policies, activities and objectives particularly as they affect or impact activities within the Province of Quebec.
- Along with the President and Chair, serve as a spokesperson for the Organization within the Province of Quebec, or as necessary with other National or International audiences..
- Serve as the executive editor of all CFEE French language or bilingual publications.
- Monitor and direct administration and management of support services from the assigned support staff at the Toronto CFEE office, working in close collaboration with the Vice President and Chief Operating Officer.
- Work with the Toronto CFEE Office to ensure that strategic and operational objectives and administrative efficiencies are realized..
- Ensure that the President, and Board of Directors, are kept fully informed regarding the operations of the Organization in the Province of Quebec.
- With the support of the President recommends financial requirements to support strategic and operational objectives of the organization within the Province of Quebec.
- With the support of the Executive Committee, develop, recommend, and operate within an annual budget; oversee authorized and proper expenditure of funds for activities within the Province of Quebec; ensure that all funds, physical assets and other property of the Organization are administered appropriately; and follow established provisions with respect to the annual audit.
- Undertake entrepreneurial activities with approval of the President and the Board.
- Develop appropriate targets and supporting plans to generate revenues within the Province of Quebec to enable the organization to fulfill its mandate and strategic objectives.
- Work with the President, Board, staff and other stakeholders to effectively implement development plans to reach annual and strategic targets..
- Report as required to the President, Board, funders and other appropriate stakeholders on the progress of development plans for activities within the Province of Quebec, using such mechanisms as internal reports to the Board (or operating committees of the Board), periodic and final reports to funders, and any reporting required through government legislation.