Bill Rees YMCA
Has the following full time salaried position available:
Family Case Coordinator (Homeward Bound)
The YMCA is a charitable, mission-based organization dedicated to the development of thousands of people in spirit, mind, and body. The YMCA of Northern Alberta is seeking a motivated individual that will effectively coordinate, plan, deliver and evaluate programs and services of the Housing First program to families who are chronically homeless with multiple barriers and high needs. The individual will provide cross team consultation as well as advocacy, parent education, supportive counselling, life skill education, and assess the personal and social needs of the family. At all times this individual will demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills with vulnerable populations who face personal and socioeconomic challenges.
Salary: Starting at $38,500.00 annually with benefits
· Provide cross team consultation to the Follow-Up Support Workers and Program Supervisors regarding the case management of families enrolled within the program.
· Support and follow-up with the Follow-Up Support Workers and Program Supervisors, as well as program participants. Visit participants to support them in improving life skills, family functioning and build connections in their community. Develop, monitor and evaluate Family Action Plans with participants and collaborate with participants, Follow-Up Support Workers and Program Supervisors to achieve identified goals.
· Plan and implement programs within YMCA guidelines and contracted performance measures. Research, develop and/or acquire relevant program materials, manuals and tools to meet group and individual learning needs.
· Provide supportive counselling and advocacy, facilitate appropriate community placements, provide feedback to participants and communicate progress of the participants within the team as appropriate.
· Advocate on the behalf of participants with schools, community agencies and others involved in their lives.
· Develop and maintain appropriate program administration systems in accordance with the YMCA and funder standards: maintain accurate and current participant and program records, participate in annual record audits, collect statistical information and outcome data, complete monthly activity reports and additional administrative duties as required.
· Establish effective community relations relevant to the program. Maintain contact with potential and current internal and external referral sources.
· Assume complete responsibility for the entire facility operation while on assigned Manager on Duty shifts (includes emergencies, evictions, programming concerns, staff relations, etc.).
· Demonstrate and promote a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision, and values
and the YMCA programs and services.
· Education/Certifications/Credentials/Professional Registration
o University Degree in Social Work or equivalent.
o Registered social worker.
o Annual registration in the Alberta College of Social Workers as required by law.
o Standard First Aid and CPR-C, Child Welfare, Police Security Clearance and WHMIS Certification
o Non-Violent Crisis Intervention and Suicide Intervention Certification preferred.
o Valid driver’s license, clear driver’s abstract, and access to a vehicle.
- 3 years of experience working directly with families.
- 3 years of direct professional experience in a team environment.
- Experience working with cultural groups, high needs and marginalized populations.
o Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal and team skills.
o Excellent organizational and time management skills.
o Working knowledge of the Housing First model, group facilitation, individual assessment, program planning, and outcome evaluation.
o Working knowledge in supportive counselling skills.
o Knowledge of related community, housing, family and human services resources.
o Sensitive to and demonstrated knowledge of dealing with the needs of participants from different cultural and racial backgrounds.
o Computer skills (Microsoft Office, Windows)
Applications will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Send your resume and cover letter to