HOUSING OUTREACH WORKER
- RAPID EXIT PROGRAM -
Job Title : Housing Outreach Worker
Based at : Herb Jamieson Centre
Reports to : Rapid Exit Coordinator
Hours of work : 40 hrs/weekly
Hope Mission has a vision that men, women, youth and children who come to our doors would come to know Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Saviour. This vision can be fulfilled only if all staff is diligent in serving, strengthening and uplifting people in the name of Jesus Christ.
The Housing Outreach Worker will assist program participants in searching for, locating and securing housing and to facilitate them in moving in and settling.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Completing assessments and Intake with new participants.
Building and maintaining professional relationships with landlords.
Searching for suitable housing options for participants.
Setting up viewing appointments for participants to see apartments.
Advocating on behalf of participants with landlords.
Filling out and submitting rental applications on behalf of the participants.
Delivering checks (rent & security deposit) for successful applications.
Securing furnishings for participant through Furniture Bank
Completing walk through (Move-in report) with participant and landlord.
Coordinating and supervising participant’s move-in.
Ensuring participant is set up with utilities and a phone.
Providing the participant with startup groceries and supplies.
Transferring participant to the caseload of a Follow-up Support Worker.
Responsible for opening and maintaining participant files through the process.
Logging all work completed with participant on database.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
Degree or diploma in Social Work or a related field, and/or relevant experience in the field.
- Proficiency in MS Office: extensive knowledge of Excel, word processing and database softwares.
Excellent communication skills and ability to liaison with community partners on behalf of participants.
Skilled in Self-management.
Knowledge and application of related ethical practices and standards.
Valid Driver’s License and vehicle.
- Being a Christian Organization we require our employees to be in agreement and sign the Hope Mission Statement of Faith (http://hopemission.com/about-us/values/)
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada on a full-time basis.
- Able to provide Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Search
- A letter of reference from a ministry or church is an asset
- Adherence Hope Mission’s Policies and Procedures.
START DATE: Immediately
SALARY: $ 2369 per month for the first 3 months.
$ 2884 after probation + Extended Manulife Medical and Dental benefits.
1. Resume, and
2. Cover letter stating why you would like to work in a Christian Ministry
TO: People and Culture, Hope Mission
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.