Full-time / One-year contract with possibility of renewal
JVS Toronto is a vigorous, not-for-profit agency that for more than 65 years has been connecting people from all walks of life with work. We employ about 180 staff in five Employment Ontario Centres and in a variety of programs in various locations across the GTA. With annual revenues of approximately $15 million, we deliver employment, career, vocational, training and psychological services to Newcomers, Persons with Disabilities, Youth, and others.
Our major annual corporate event, Strictly Business, has garnered national attention. Our employees are respected in the community for being responsive and client-centred; we value their contributions and offer a generous benefits package. To view some of the good work we do, please visit our website at www.jvstoronto.org .
The JVS Employment Source Toronto Centre office, funded by MTCU, provides employment services to unemployed individuals of all ages, financial backgrounds and skills to help them gain employment within their field or a related field. To achieve its goal, the program provides a range of services at one location, including information and referral services, one-on-one employment counselling, employment workshops, and job development/placement services.
The individual in this position will:
- Meet client job placement and retention targets
- Assess client strengths, needs and job placement readiness. Negotiate employment opportunities that meet both client and employer needs
- Carry out job development using JVS’ consultative sales model including prospecting (cold calling), networking, employer needs analysis, features/benefits and other EOPII job development and sales techniques.
- Follow up with employers and clients to support ongoing retention in employment or work assignment; monitor placements; assess work environment and identify strategies to maintain client success
- Develop and prepare employment and retention plans, training agreements, client insurance, accommodations, claiming funds and associated file documentation; prepare and maintain files, statistics, reports and all documentation required to meet JVS and Ministry service standards
- Provide job retention and job coaching support to clients
- Build productive ongoing relationships with potential employers for agency programs/clients, contacting employers using random and targeted lead generation approaches for current client job placement needs, and advocating on behalf of the client
- Contribute to the cross-JVS Toronto team of those engaged in job development for other client groups and employer relations
The successful candidate will have a community college diploma in business, or the social sciences with a minimum of 1-2 years’demonstrated skills and related job development experience. Demonstrated success with a consultative sales model is preferred. Previous sales experience would be an asset. You are computer-literate; able to use specialized software to carry out responsibilities. You have excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills, have current knowledge of labour market trends and must be able to deal with community professionals and employers. A valid Ontario driver’s licence and access to a vehicle is required. Certification from an institution such as VRA Canada or ICCI would be an asset. A Police Vulnerable Sector Check is required for this position.