The Mustard Seed is a results‐driven, progressive Christian not-for-profit humanitarian organization that seeks to address poverty through the building of a healthy community. The Mustard Seed has the vision to: build community, grow hope and support change. Inspired by Christian faith, we value people, innovation, community, collaboration, integrity and justice.
Reporting to the Director of Human Resource, the Relief Receptionist is responsible for supporting the Mustard Seed Calgary and the Alberta Office by providing switchboard services, greeting Guests to the Mustard Seed, and administrative assistance. The successful individual is a friendly and efficient customer service professional possessing proven office and telephone etiquette, and computer skills. A desire to serve our guests, support staff and build community is essential.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Managing main switchboard answering all incoming calls, internal transfers and messages
- Greeting and directing guests coming into The Mustard Seed
- Checking for messages and faxes redirecting to the appropriate people
- Receiving incoming mail and distributing accordingly
- Ordering and receiving courier services
- Maintaining office supply cupboards and ordering weekly supplies ( tidying and replenishing)
- Developing and maintaining effective working relationships with volunteers, guests, staff and community
- Be a Mustard Seed Ambassador; representing The Mustard Seed’s ministry and mission in your communities
- Other duties as assigned
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- A passion to be part of ending homelessness in Alberta
- Minimum 1 year experience as a main Receptionist or Office Assistant
- Experience managing a busy switchboard
- Ability to deal with sensitive and confidential information
- Excellent customer services skills
- Proven computer skills (Office Suite, data entry)
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team
- Desire to work in a Christian ministry
- Understanding of homelessness and desire to work with marginalized individuals
- This position presently involves primarily sitting at a desk for 8 hours a day answering all incoming calls and administrative assistant tasks
- Employment Security Check is required
- As The Mustard Seed is a Christian ministry, we require our employees to be in agreement and to sign our statement of faith
Start date: Immediate
The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Please forward cover letter and resume to indicating the position title in the subject line.